Chilled avocado soup with tortilla chips
Cooks In20 minutes plus chilling
DifficultyNot too tricky
Nutrition per serving
Calories 202 10%
Fat 12.3g 18%
Saturates 3.3g 17%
Sugars 6g 7%
Protein 6.1g 12%
Carbs 14.4g 6%
Of an adult's reference intake
- 1 large ripe avoacdo
- 1 cucumber
- 4 spring onions
- a few sprigs of fresh coriander
- 250 ml organic vegetable stock , chilled
- 200 ml plain yoghurt
- 1 mild fresh green chilli
- 1 lime
- Tabasco sauce
- 1 fresh red chilli
- 1 handful of micro garlic chives (see tip)
- TORTILLA CHIPS
- ½ tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon hot smoked paprika
- 2 soft corn tortillas
By Joss Herd
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC/gas 6.
- For the tortilla chips, combine the oil and paprika, then brush over both sides of the tortillas.
- Bake on a baking tray for 5 minutes, or until golden and crisp. Season well and set aside to cool, then break into pieces.
- To make the soup, peel, destone and chop the avocado. Peel and deseed the cucumber, reserving a whole 3cm piece to one side. Trim and roughly chop the spring onions, then pick and roughly chop the coriander leaves.
- Blitz the avocado, cucumber, spring onions, coriander, stock, yoghurt and green chilli in a blender until smooth.
- Season with lime juice, Tabasco, and a good pinch of sea salt and black pepper, then cover with clingfilm and put in the fridge to chill.
- Peel, deseed and finely chop the reserved cucumber, then finely slice the chilli.
- Once the soup is chilled, serve in small bowls topped with the tortilla chips, chopped cucumber, red chilli and garlic chives. Finish with a drizzle of avocado oil, if you like.
Micro garlic chives are available from larger supermarkets. Just use regular chives if you can’t get them.